Thursday, March 26, 2015

My First Week as a Missionary!!

Hey Guys!

First off, The Mexican MTC, or CCM as they call it, is insane! We are constantly working.
Your lives are definitely a lot more exciting than mine, well maybe not recently... HAHA! 

I had a little accident, Monday night it was raining quite hard and my companion Elder Hall forgot to close the window, so I was going full sprint and then some, and I slipped on the tile.  There was a glass door that was sitting open and I crashed into it pretty hard. I tore a hole in my favorite pants!  That's what I'm most mad about! That was the most depressing part of the whole ordeal.  

 I had to be driven to the Mexican emergency room and I got 15 stitches. Crazy right?

It hurts pretty bad and I wish I had someone to take care of it, but the mission field is all about growing up and figuring things out for yourself. Still wish I hadn't ripped my pants though..

The doctors tried to get me to ride in a wheelchair and use crutches but I wasn't having any of that!


My companion is Elder Matt Hall from Arkansas, I am sleeping pretty good even though the beds here suck... oops sorry that wasn't very missionary like. 

The food here isn't very good in my opinion, it can be compared to school lunches but just a little better. My knee is healing fast but it isn't fast enough. It hurts sometimes, but they got me on meds and I keep forgetting to put oils on that knee.  I'm gonna make note and do better. 

I was able to fine some time to play basketball a couple times before I got attacked by the glass door! Those things are vicious.  I am in district 10A with about 6 Elders and 2 Sisters, good group of people, we made our first week here yesterday, it feels like a lot longer though. 

The Elders in the picture are Elder Langi, the tongan, Elder Hall, glasses and tall, Elder Brewster, the big kid, Elder Ingham, Elder Abaroa, my district leader. All really good kids!
The work is hard and long but I'm adjusting quickly to the routine.
Thank you so so much for the emails, they seriously made my day! 
I'm starting to love this work, so take comfort in that. I'm learning mucho and I can't wait to hear more from you.

I love you guys so so much and I'll talk to you soon!



Love Ted!

Me and the Captain of the plane I flew to Mexico on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment