Friday, April 24, 2015

Last P-day in the CCM

Today is my last P Day in the CCM! I leave for el campo this Lunes (Monday) and that’s when the real deal starts up! 

 We went to the gym for the last time today.  Here are some pictures of our last gym time.

I want to let you know that I'm still doing well here, I still have good days and occasionally I have a bad day... But I haven't forgotten who always has my back, The Lord!!  Whenever I need help, I pray! 

I'm honestly ready to leave the CCM!  I’m still a little nervous for the field. It's an undaunting task I have before me, but I’m up for the challenge. I will be getting my first trainer in the field, and I’m nervous about who it's going to be.  PLEASE just say a little prayer for me, I need all your prayers! 

My Spanish is mucho mejor, porque yo practico muchas horas cada dia y yo oro con Dios por la don de linguas cuando yo voy a el campo. (much better, because I practice a lot of hours every day and I pray to God for the gift of tongues when I go to the field.)  I work hard, and I try to talk en español con los latinos diariamente.  (in Spanish with Latinos everyday.)

I try to work as hard as I can down here, but honestly sometimes I slack off because it feels like school and I didn't like school, so I get kind of lazy sometimes.  But I truly want to change, I have the desire to change and I work hard to change my attitude daily.

 As my day of departure arrives I try to imagine what it will be like in 6 months.  I know I said this before but, this is my last P-Day in the MTC, I leave for the field this Monday! So pray for me!


I finally got my green card... So I’m now official and I can no longer tell racist jokes.

I try to focus on the positive down here so much; I pray tons for strength and blessings. 

As for my companion, we have gotten along pretty well thus far, but lately...I’ve wanted to kill him, and I have been planning the deaths of a few other people down here!  Another thing I pray to God daily for. So just know, that hasn't changed about me.


My health is good, my knee is 100% and I still haven't gotten sick!

The other good news about my mission is that I now know I can make it 2 years, I have the strength and the desire!

I found out there are 2 volcanoes in my mission, one is dormant and one is active, crazy huh?

I will definitely be playing LACROSSE when I get home!!  Everyday down here I wish that I could do just that, I'm honestly sick of basketball...

I gave a talk last week on Sunday, in Spanish, and a native Latino told me, it was better than most other missionary  talks here, My Spanish is coming along very well!

Your advice keeps me going, and I read your letters a lot, they help me tons. 
I can't wait to hear from you again and I'll be needing your prayers mucho! 

Oh and just saying, if you felt so inclined as to send me some goodies, or something, that would be alright with me. :D

Elder Ted Galbraith
Mexico Mexico City Chalco Mission
Calle Porvenir No. 8
Colonia Centro
C.P. 56600 Chalco, Estado de Mexico

Mexico

Write me when you can!!  

I love you all so much.

TED 


No comments:

Post a Comment