Sunday, December 18, 2016

Work, Work,Work!



Well I am getting used to the new job. Really doesn't have much to it.  Just basically help make Presidents life easier. We report with the zone leaders, take numbers, give trainings to the mission, coordinate the changes, planning activities and all that jazz.  It’s mostly just office work! In the morning we are almost always here in the offices, so we can only do missionary work in the afternoon.  It is definitely different than other positions I have been assigned! It’s true we travel through the mission…a lot.  It’s a little time consuming.  That’s the new challenge, learning to manage time wisely here, it’s very important here in order to preach! 

My area is pretty big, but its pure condominiums. All the houses are the same! It’s also the biggest ward in the mission, it’s called Vicente Guerrero. The ward mission leader is pretty cool, one of the best i have had, that’s for sure. We had to take the missionaries that finished their missions to the airport, and we took them to Presidents house for the last dinner, it’s like a tradition that those who finish the mission eat the last night in president’s house. We also had one missionary who got hurt playing ball and had to go home for surgery.... So we spent a lot of time in the airport this week. That part I don’t like so much! Best part would be the house, its super cool! Or my mattress, it’s an orthopedic mattress and it’s amazing, or maybe the new phone. It’s a Samsung galaxy touch. It’s pretty cool! 

Being assistant has opened my eyes a little bit to the disobedience.  I won’t say much, Just that it would be so much easier to just OBEY!!!  Obey what our Loving Father in Heaven has told us to do! 

Ha-ha yeah I am in the offices a lot more so I actually sign for a lot more packages that come in! I just so happened to be here the other day when a package came in for ME! Cool huh??? I haven’t hung up the tree yet that the family sent, because today we spent some hours cleaning the very, very dirty mission house..... It was disgusting; I am trying to clean it regularly now. 

I have been trying to teach the members how to give references, because they are much more efficient than street contacts, some members give and some just plain don’t.  We get to work with members here sometimes and its kind of weird cause some members depend completely on the missionaries and it shouldn’t be that way, in our house at home I think they visited us like 3 times.... But we are trying to teach them to be self-reliant, that’s something we have been working on this week! To help the members out! They need them missionaries too! 

We are working hard and giving in a lot of effort! We will be baptizing soon, we just got to resurrect the area a little…but we will get there! 

Sometimes we make mistakes, sometimes others make mistakes, I don’t like it when someone messes up and I see people belittling that person, or not helping them out, let’s not be that guy.  When someone messes up we need to be the person that is there for them, helping them to stand back up again! When we mess up, we can always count on the divine help of our Savior.  He will be there and he won’t belittle us, He loves us way to much! 


I love you so much! 
The Church is true! 

Elder Galbraith 


No comments:

Post a Comment