Monday, May 4, 2015

This week has been kinda crazy!!

Hello my Dear Family and Friends,

Here are a few pictures from the CCM before I left for the mission field.

Me and Shawn Cates, Director of the CCM


Our District standing in front of the CCM sign

This week has been kinda crazy, leaving the CCM and getting to the field, were all just some small parts of the process of my week. My comp/trainer is Elder Parker from Sandy Utah. He's a pretty cool dude. He's like 6 foot 5 I think, flippin tall. 

My area is Ayotla, Ixtapaluca. This place is crazy, it's dirty, it smells, there are a TON of people here and the weather is unpredictable.  One day it could be hot and the next it's cold! And sometimes it changes hourly. My transition has been kind of rough, and the language is alright, I try to speak Espanol a lot but the people talk so fast.  It's kind of hard. I keep trying though.


Today we did laundry and this how we do it.  

As for blessings…today actually we got locked out of our casa and we had to pry the lock open but noting was working, so I said a tiny prayer and somehow someway my companion got in! 

We've had 5 or 6 lessons/discussions this week... kind of low.  But each one I felt the spirit strongly and was able to teach in my broken Spanish.  I have seen how strong of a hold the Catholic Church has on these people, and it has made me muy muy muy happy and glad that I am a member of this church, porque es (because it is)sad when people won't listen to us because their family has been catholic for generations.  I'm trying hard to learn to love this people but it's a work in progress. 

Challenges huh?
Well I guess it's time I be perfectly honest with you...
The transition has been rougher than I thought, I find myself often thinking about how freaking long 2 years is and I keep wishing I could go home. My companion has been out for 21 months and is all ready to go home, and I only have a month and a half in the mission field. I'm losing it down here! I miss my home, my house, my family and my friends!!  I miss music, I miss white people, I miss being able to understand people. I don't know how I'm supposed to make it 2 years down here... I'm so jealous of everyone that is done with their mission.  This is super tough, I pray so much and I have felt the Lord here but I'm still struggling, I don't know what to do. I want to come home but at the same time I don't. It's a constant emotional battle.   So there you have it!


I love you guys so much!  Please pray for me!!!

Mexico City Taxi

I love you,
Love Ted




No comments:

Post a Comment