Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Happy Missionary Monday!

Happy Missionary Monday! 

This week was a blast, we had 20 lessons total which is awesome, but none of them came to church.... again. But we keep trying,

I have officially completed my first cycle, six weeks, in the mission, We had changes just barely and I am staying in my area with Elder Parker for another six weeks, and I get the wonderful opportunity of killing him... Haha, now that you have recovered from your heart attack, That just means that I will be his last companion, and then he will go home. I'm already kinda sad about it, he's like my best friend right now, and will be after too. But things are so good here, I am working super hard, and it's starting to pay off. 

Anyways, the rundown…
It has rained flippin hard every day!

I had interchanges or divisions with the Zone Leaders this time, and I was in another area with Elder Cardenas from Oklahoma, he's a great guy! I love my zone! The sad part is that with changes a couple of my friends are leaving and going to other areas and one is going home. But for the most part it's staying the same.  I don’t know how I feel about that last 6 weeks flying by, they felt like... well 6 weeks, but I have been told many times your first cycle sucks and after that it just gets better and better. I KNOW this is the case.  I may not have that much time here but I’m not the new kid anymore, 7 new missionaries came today, so I don’t have to be the new guy anymore, and it just gets better from here.

I gave my first blessing in Spanish.  We found an old lady lying in the street and we started teaching her and then she asked for a blessing and I had to use a cheat sheet that Elder Parker gave me to use, but I gave it in Spanish.  The spirit was very strong! We gave her a Book of Mormon and will go back to teach her this week.

Yesterday we couldn't work because the whole country had voting for mayors and political stuff, so after church we were stuck in our house, which isn't fun. There's not much to do, we just talked, ate, watched some D&C videos and ate some more.

We did some service this last Saturday, finally!  We painted the house of a member.  I ruined a pair of shorts and a shirt but it was super fun! 

My Spanish is growing every day.  We talk in Spanish 80 percent of the time, which is how it's supposed to be.  I've been told many times how good my Spanish is for how little time I have been out, but I try not to let it go to my head.  I have to learn a lot more before I can function properly here.  I am talking to the people more and more every day.  I am slowly diminishing the time that Elder Parker has to talk, which makes me happy, I want to be FLUENT!!!! 

Your Spanish word for this week is Nuestro Querido Padre Celestial this means our dear heavenly father, so you can try praying in Spanish! And you end with, En el nombre de Jesu Cristo, Amen.

I found a scripture that I really like, that has helped me, Doctrine and Covenants 84:88. I love this scripture, in times of trial just remember that the Lord will always be in front of us, and he will always have our back, we just have to let him do so.

I just want to let you know that I am doing great.  I am protected, I am safe, and I am working hard. The Lord will protect me as long as I am obedient and work hard, and this is what I want to do.

Keep the faith, keep your head up, keep fighting!!

Love you! 

Elder Ted 

No comments:

Post a Comment