Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Life is Good in the Hood

This week has been good.  I got some packages, you guys are too good to me. Thank you all so much, I cant thank you all persoanlly because I dont have much time today, but next week I will. I love you all so much. 

I bought some new shoes, they're pretty awesome, my others were trashed. I finally got my new badge but it is in english... What the crap right? who knew?
I am doing good! I am the only American in my district now and its a little frustrating cause all the mexicans laugh at my spanish sometimes and that kinda bugs me, but someday i wont care and the Lord is helping me so it dont matter. We walk ALL DAY LONG..... all day.... walking. All day, it sucked my first little bit but its better now. We cant contact house to house here cause thats what the Jehovahs witness do, so we do pure street contacting! With cards pamphlets or whatever we can find. 

Sometimes, usually on the weekends I see the other missionaries, sunday and monday the majority, but other than that nah, we're solo.

We do divisions once every six weeks, well I get to twice, cause I am with a DL and the leaders have splits with the ZLs so I get to do it twice and its always very refreshing to see another way of doing things, get another perspective! 

Well I had a difficult experience this week. After I was mad for many reasons, but I went to our district meeting and felt a little better and I asked my ZL for a blessing and he gave me a very powerful blessing and I have been very focused in the work ever since. All is good in the capucho (hood).  The Lord takes care of us, he loves us and wants the best for us. He is perfect and wants the same for us someday soon, but we have to choose to be like him, the grace of God isn't free, there is a price we have to pay and We have to be willing to pay all of it. 

This life isn't easy because salvation is not a cheap experience - Jeffrey R Holland. 
We have to be willing to feel something, just a little bit of what Christ felt, we have to be willing to walk something of the path he walked. That is why this life isn't easy, but we shouldn't focus on what is hard, like the pioneers we can choose to stare into the face of trial, and SMILE. Satan wants us to be mad, and feel worthless, but if we stare into the face of trial and SMILE we will win.  Don't get down on yourself and feel worthless, that is how satan wins and I will not let him win. i will push forward and I will fight on. We will win. 

This week we worked like Mexicans. I cannot exaggerate this, it's not racist, it's just true!  All Mexicans do is work, and that's what we do too because we are trying to change the life that has been set into this people for hundreds of years of catholocism.

We walked all day everyday this week, and we were rewarded, we contacted over a hundred people and we were rewarded, we have good days and bad days and we we rewarded in ways that I could see and others that I had to focus a little bit to see. 

We found 11 new investigators and we put 7 baptismal dates with them.
Another lady, named Isabel came to church again, she is reading the BOM and progressing quite rapidly, life is good! 

There are so many blessings the Lord gives us we only need to look for them, we need to be a saint, and help others recognize their blessings too. 

This church is true!! 

My cousin, Brayden shared with me this quote from the one and only Rocky Balboa. I love it.
It keeps me motivated. "It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard to can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward, that's how winning is done!" Wise words from my boy Rocky Balboa, these words have inspired me and 
keep me going!

I love you all so much!!

Love,
Elder Galbraith

No comments:

Post a Comment