Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Day of Miracles!

This week was cool, I got a little sick with the cold, or the gripa...But not bad, took some medicine (and my Mom's oils) and I was good! 

We had some successes and some trials…but that’s how it should be right? 
I have heard a talk by Elder Holland almost every day in the mission.  Elder Parker loved it and Elder Camacho as well.  That talk is awesome.  To quote from it Elder Holland said, "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience.  Salvation never was easy.  We are the Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our great eternal head.  How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never easy for Him?"

It also talks about why we don’t spend all day baptizing, because salvation isn’t easy, and we as missionaries should have to feel just a little of what Christ felt, but just a little, because we will never feel anything compared to what Christ felt. 
I completely agree, and for that reason I have tried to always remember Him when I struggle.  Like Henry B Eyring said ¨When I feel that I have completed some great task and deserve a rest I give myself this rallying cry, Remember Him¨ (I messed it up last week but I got it now, there you go.) Remember Him! When we are tired, sick, worn out, lazy or feel that we have completed a task, we ought to remember our savior, remember what He did for us, and if we do that, we keep our covenants like it says in the sacrament prayers, we will not only be blessed but we will be given the power to bless the lives of others. 

The Sons of Mosiah were in Lamanite territory for 14 years! And I don’t think they sat around feeling sorry for themselves wondering when they were going to able to go back home to their easy lives.  Their Dad died while they were away, and yet they kept going.  After time in prison, persecution, countless persons rejecting them and spitting in their faces they stood shoulder to shoulder with Jesus Christ, like Jeffrey R Holland says. And they baptized thousands of people.  We should expect anything less than that. 

I want to share a little bit about how important the spirit is. I have always thought it was hard to listen to the spirit, that I was broken and couldn’t.  I have learned, the hard way, that the spirit always speaks to me, I just need to understand how the spirit speaks to me. 

Friday our zone leaders called me to say that it was going to be a day of miracles!  I trusted them and knew we would have a miracle! Friday happened and it was tough... Every one of our appointments fell through, and our back up plans. 
We stuck it out and in the night a street with a couple members and a couple contacts came to my mind, and acting upon this thought we went.  I was determined we were going to teach an investigator or someone like that but when we got to the street a less active sister came to mind in a part of the street a little bit more dangerous…but we went and found the sister very sick and very desperate, ready to give up, crying.  We anointed her and gave her a blessing, and immediately she calmed down, felt better and after a little lesson fell asleep. 
The spirit was soooooooo strong, and I felt so amazed, I had been waiting and faithing this all day, all my life maybe, I felt sooooo good and I was like Boom, that’s what it’s all about. 

I was reunited with Elder Camacho as Armando (who we baptized before I was transferred)and Judith’s kids got baptized!! Elder Galbraith returned to Ayotla!!!

I was super happy!! I never thought I had such success with them, but Armando told me that his life has been changed and I saw in his eyes how happy he was. 

I testify that Heavenly Father loves us, that Jesus is the Christ, that the Church is true that Thomas S Monson is chosen by God to guide and direct this church and that as we listen to the spirit we will always be successful and be the most happy that we could possibly be! 

I love you all so much! 

Elder Galbraith 

Our new car!

Doing Service

Me and E Rod




No comments:

Post a Comment