Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I Testify of His Love for You!

I am super jealous of all the snow you are getting... I miss it so bad, it’s super-hot here, cold in the morning, but hot all day.... it doesn’t feel like Christmas, that’s for sure! We work all day long and it makes the time FLY.
My week went good, we have been running like crazy getting ready for the festivities and all that.

We are preparing 2 people for baptism this week; we have 2 baptism dates for the 26th of December. We will be working hard for those baptisms. We are this close! I feel it!! 

My weeks are super, super busy and super, super fast!  Things are good with my comp and I.  We are rapidly approaching the end of his training! We only have 2 more weeks together. We are getting along good.  He’s a good kid, with lots to learn but he will do great things in the mission. 

Well here for Christmas they sing weird songs, the Catholics walk around the streets in the night asking for food as part of some ritual... the members don’t do much, Christmas really isn’t all that big here, they put up lights and all that but I haven’t seen too many trees and they don’t really give gifts! And like I said, THERE IS NO SNOW!  Oh and they work all day long, so they don’t really do anything different on Christmas. 

I have really learned the importance of Christ in Christmas this year. I have come to understand a little bit better about who he was and what he did.  I read a talk that Jeffrey R Holland gave and he talked about his first Christmas away from home in the mission, and I can relate to it.  I learned that Christ gave us the greatest gift of all, his life.  He loves us so much that He would suffer, bleed, and die, so that evil, death, and hell would relinquish their hold on mortality. 

He loves us, he loves me, AND HE LOVES YOU: I do not have words to explain the love I feel towards each of you, and if you can imagine how much love you feel for me, and then times that by a million or a billion, that’s what our big brother Jesus Christ feels for you and me.  In this Christmas season I want to remember Christ more, and have a stronger relationship with him, and that’s what I will do. 

I testify of His love for you!

Merry Christmas!!

Elder Galbraith

#SharetheGift
#ASaviorIsBorn


No comments:

Post a Comment