Monday, June 20, 2016

It is Time for Changes...I'm headed to Valle de Chalco Tomorrow!

It’s super good to hear from ya! 

Well the changes have come and guess what? They caught me this time!  I will be in Valle de Chalco tomorrow! It’s an area that I have always wanted to be in!! I am super excited, I already know my companion too! His name is Elder Morales! Ha-ha another Elder Morales, but he is going to be super fun! I am still a Zone leader just in a new zone, ha-ha I am super excited! 

Life is good, I am doing super good! 
We are on the hunt for another baptism, the next one to take the plunge. I will never stop looking for those who are being prepared for baptism, they are waiting for me! 

Mexico is the coolest place to preach the gospel, there is a ton of competition here from other religions but its super fun!! I have come to love the work and the people too. 

Things are cooling off here, I have started to sleep with a blanket again, ha-ha I haven’t needed one for a loooong time.  It rains every night here, and there is a ton of lightening too. 

Well the dumb dog still follows us everywhere, despite my best attempts to run her off, she sticks around... whatever, I am outta here. 

Some experiences in my week: 
Well Friday we did divisions with other elders, and some dude in the street started to come at us with his logic and stuff, and we just started to defend and overall nothing happened, just a crazy dude that doesn’t like Mormons, so that was funny. We got caught in the rain as well that day, got soaked!! I killed like 2 scorpions this week.  We went to the middle of nowhere... seriously I think I found the end of the earth, it was so flippin far out there.  So it was a pretty good week overall. 

Okay here’s the deal…As you know the Mexico, Mexico City Chalco mission is getting a new Mission President on July 1st.  I am going to miss President Crickmore a ton! But I wanted to know from Heavenly father the truth about the new guy, so I asked him.  It has been made known to me that the new president is called of God.  I feel super excited for him to come, I know he is the perfect fit for the mission to relieve President Crickmore.  The spirit has testified that life will all be good in the future, it’s all good here.  I am so happy, I never thought this would be possible. 

I have learned this week the importance of perseverance. 
We should always give that much more, go the second mile and never be satisfied with mediocre.  We should always strive to do better, be better and grow better. I am always determined to learn, and then to master now.  We can’t be satisfied with a half effort or with 50 percent that just won’t do.  We give all that we have in the moment, if we are already in pain, why not give just a little bit more?  Heavenly Father will carry us the rest of the way, we just got to ask for the help and be ready to give what we got.  This cycle I had to give just that much more, I had to fight and it hurt, it was not easy, but is worth it!!!

Challenge this week: Read 3 Nephi.
I love reading about Jesus Christ, it is amazing. 
  
Elder Galbraith 


No comments:

Post a Comment