Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I love the mission!


Your missionary is doing really good! Life is all good, birthday, mission still going good. I get my bar things off my teeth soon, I am healthy and going strong. I just feel like a little tired a lot more now. I am not totally sure why. So I need your prayers to help me be more active a little more awake! 

I did have time to celebrate my b-day; my comps took care of that. They got me a cake, smashed it in my face too! Ha-ha! They bought some confetti canons and blasted me with them. So it was a pretty great birthday.  It’s still weird to say that I am 21.... I did get some pretty cool stuff for my birthday. Thank you for all your birthday wishes! I love you!!  Thank you for the cash, thoughts, letters, etc. it has been a pretty great birthday! Thank you so much.

This week we will return to the temple on Wednesday to take the other half of the mission there, so that should be cool! Honestly we have had a really great week for work. We have found and been working with some pretty great investigators, one of which we found at the beginning of last week and who came to church the following Sunday! Pretty great huh??? We had a ton of investigators in church too! We saw lots of miracles this week!  We will be baptizing this Saturday and the next one too! 
So it’s going pretty well. 

I am little by little coming to the knowledge that my time here is almost over.  I have accepted it. It’s time.  I am still giving it an effort but its time.  I am not totally sure when I will cry, in the airport maybe, when I see you guys maybe, who knows but I will cry, that I am sure of! Just be gentle when you tell stories about it!  Just know that I will need your help and support. I will need your shoulder to cry on even.  I never understood what you meant about not wanting to leave your mission until now.  I get it. I love this place. It’s my home away from home. 

The Temple last week was awesome! It was super spiritual and calm and helped me to forget everything I had going on upstairs. I had several questions to take to God and I feel like I got some pretty good answers! I honestly felt the spirit super intense, and I felt that He is pleased with the efforts I have given in my mission, but it still depends on how well I finish! 

Some of my favorite scriptures are Mosiah 23:21-22
 21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith.
 22 Nevertheless—whosoever putteth his trust in him the same shall be lifted up at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people.

I love these scriptures, and this story. It honestly warms my heart. 
I can’t really explain why the Lord gives us troubles and hardship, but I can say that He loves us, and like it has been said, the trials that hurt us and that try us are for our own good. 
They will shape and form us, they will strengthen us. 
We can see them, not as painful, rather as strengthening. Like the gym, it hurts to lift and it burns, almost to not be able to handle it anymore, but over an extended period of time, it begins to become easier and not as hard, and we get stronger. 
Another scripture that really helps to put all this in perspective is this: 

D & C 122: 7-8
   And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

God loves you so so much. But if we want to get better and progress it needs to be hard, easy doesn't teach anything. He loves you so much that he lets you go to the spiritual gym and get stronger, he gives you what you need in order to better know how to help someone else that will maybe be passing through the same problem. Something so special that the mission has taught me is that trials make me better.  I see them as opportunities to get better, faster, healthier, more faithful, have a better testimony, the list goes on.  That's breakfast! We eat challenge for breakfast and turn it into strength and faith! 

Heavenly father loves us, He sent us His son! That's all we could ever need, His Atonement will carry us!! 

I am very proud of my effort here in Mexico.  I have worked hard and I feel that if I keep it up over these next 2 weeks it will all have been worth it.  The tradition in the mission is to completely die in your last cycle, stop waking up and basically stop working and that's what some people do. I have not done that!  I still get up at 6.30, even earlier sometimes to go to the gym.  I still work, contact, invite, and all that.  My comp Elder Matos actually said that he wants to finish his mission like I am.  I just hope that I have made you, my family, and my Heavenly Father proud. 

I love the mission!

I know that the church is true, that is something I have come to know here! I know it’s true! I know Jesus Christ lives! 

I love you tons! 
Keep up the faith and the good work! 


Elder Galbraith


No comments:

Post a Comment