Monday, July 6, 2015

July 4th in Mexico, Zone Meeting and McDonald's

Hello to my amazing Family and Friends! 

Your letters this week were absolutely awesome! It was so good to hear from you all!

 I am currently reading in the book of Alma in the Book of Mormon about Ammon.  He is definitely one of my favorites.  I just started the part about the Sons of Mosiah.  These stories are rich with teachings and lots of good stories and stuff I absolutely love. It’s so awesome this stuff! I love the Book of Mormon.

Right now I can’t help but feel so full of the spirit and so good!  I feel so happy for you guys back home, my life here in the mission, and for the Church. It’s wonderful this Iglesias, church, I love this church!

My July 4th was a lot different this year.  We worked all day, but at night we had a family night in the chapel.  All the Americans and even some Latinos stood outside and sang The National Anthem and My Country, 'Tis of Thee.   I decorated my agenda all red, white and blue!  Life is great, ha-ha! I missed fireworks though... cuetes is how you say fireworks, don’t know how to spell it all that good. 

None of our investigators came to church yesterday.  Jose Luis and his family were in the hospital for his chemo, so that’s a pretty good excuse.  Who knows about Maria De la Paz.  We'll see. 

Today we had a zone meeting and President Crickmore showed up! He gave a powerful message about faith and talked about the family in the barges crossing the ocean in the book of Ether and how much faith they had. Afterwards he played a game of horse and a little basketball with us, and then took us all to McDonald's!! I freaking love him.  He sat right next to me at McDonald's and talked with me personally. He's a very spiritual and very funny man.  He really loves the missionaries too. I have been so so blessed here.  I was thinking about it and I was made for Mexico, for Mexico, Chalco even more!

My Amazing Zone
I looked at my family pedigree thing and I am actually a fourth generation Mexican (on the Galbraith side)... 2 of my Great-grandparents were born Chihuahua in the colonies! I have realized that I can eat spicy food, and it doesn't bother me, AT ALL, it actually tastes good. My Spanish is good, and although it’s frustrating to learn, a lot of Mexican families have told me how good my Spanish is for only having almost 4 months! My Patriarchal Blessing was perfect! 

My good friend Elder Hernandez and I

We all have blessings and gifts from God, we just need to find them and use them to expand his church, and to help our prójimos, our fellow man.  I am super glad to hear how good the family is doing. That makes me happy. I love that. 

I want you to know that I know the Lord can help us with anything, and if we turn all our weaknesses and faults to Him, He will take them, make them strengths and make us better, but we have to be willing to do a little in return. And its work we will want to do.  It’s not even work, really it’s just opening your heart and serving to make the world better. Being a genuine person! Being like Christ. 

Thank you so so much for your packages! The shirts, ties, socks, and all the treats literally make me so happy.  All the people in the office keep saying how great my family is. Elder Galbraith they say, your family sure does love you!  I have the best family in the world, end of story. You guys rock! I love you all so much.  I almost cried when I saw the paper of the drawing that Erin made that was sent to me.  I almost cried of joy, not of sadness, but joy because I know you all love me, she loves me, and God loves you, me, her, and everyone.  I have never felt closer to all of you. 

I love you all so much.

Thank you all so much for everything, I have learned so much and grown so much in just this short time! I love Mexico.  Not as much as the USA still, but it’s growing on me. Ha-ha!! 

I love you!

Elder Galbraith 


No comments:

Post a Comment