Tuesday, September 22, 2015

6 Months in the Mission Field! Can you Believe it!!

Well I can honestly say that it is always a highlight to open up my email and write to all of you.

This week, it rained everyday... again. 

We had a ton of people celebrating Independence Day so we had to get in the house early on Tuesday.  This place is nuts on the 15th of September.

We did it again, another baptism. We baptized the mom of Luis, Elizabeth.  I don’t know why she looks mad in the picture…she is super happy all the time. Mexicans don’t like to smile for pictures. 

Our other converts are doing good, all active so far, none of them really have much time in the church but all of them are still coming and being active.  They don’t want to invoke the wrath of Elder Galbraith, so they stay in the church! Ha-ha!  We always fight on in the work of the Lord. 

We are going to sing in our mission conference so we have been practicing a lot, and you know how much I love singing...
It was a good week overall.

I really am trying hard to be a leader.  I work hard, and I give it a ton, and I know that there is still just a little bit that I can do to be even better to make sure that I am a leader, that people can depend on me and that I can help them. 

I work hard here.  We have had a baptism every week in September minus one, so far. So I feel pretty blessed, and I officially have 6 months! Is that crazy or what?

The mission is all about goals, it’s all about setting goals and doing everything possible to achieve them and make them happen. I am learning a ton about being dedicated and going to the finish. 

Went to stay with the Elders in our Zone and found a forest in their backyard
I was thinking about the talks from the Mexico City Temple rededication and It was something really cool to hear Jeffrey R Holland speak, and we had David A Bednar pass by my first change here and so that was real cool too, they are really powerful men. 

As for a turning point I haven’t had one real powerful one, but I am not a flake either, for me it’s hard work every day, trying and studying and working to put the building blocks that make me a better missionary that make me a champ. And I am trying hard; I spend a lot of time on my knees trying to better myself. Their words (Prophet and Apostles) are modern day scripture and they help me out so much. It’s really life changing. 

I just want to let you know that I know without a doubt that this church is the only true church of God on earth, and it’s the Church of Jesus Christ and he lives.  He loves you and he wants you to be successful. I love you all so much, and I miss you like crazy but it is worth it to be separate for a while so that I can grow and learn and you too.  God knows our pains and he makes them smiles, he knows our concerns and he makes them happiness, he knows our weaknesses and makes them strengths. 

Keep smiling and keep fighting on, good will come to those who are patient. 

I love you! 

Elder Galbraith



No comments:

Post a Comment