Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Lots of Snow in Mexico!?!

Well it has snowed a lot here lately too... hahahaha JK!!! That’s funny huh snow in Mexico haha what a joke.  It’s hot as the sun here... all the time. I am basically melting.  It’s like almost funny to imagine snow again, I have almost forgotten what snow is like. 

Well this week...We said goodbye to Elder Avery.... we had changes again, and he got his new companion and left us.... we will still keep in contact though mostly because he took my copy of Preach My Gospel ¨accidentally¨ haha how funny right?? 

We had interviews with President Crickmore today and he spoke very highly of me. He told me that I am very diligent and that he trusts me a lot. We talked about pride and I told him that I have it, and I would very much like to get rid of it. I no longer want to be prideful and I want to get rid of the natural man that resides in me. I found a scripture in Alma 5:26-29 and that’s helped me a lot actually. If we want to be more patient as well we should refuse to think bad of anyone, we need to look for 3 good things in everyone and remember how patient God is with us.  These are the things that President Crickmore told me to work on this week.  It’s sad to think that he is leaving in 5 months... 

Well…being a DL is not cake, but it’s fun as fun gets actually.  I love being able to get to know the people in my district so much and I get to serve a lot.  At first I didn’t want to do it but now I love it!   I like what you said Mom about not looking back, just moving forward and firmly pressing on. That is how it should be. 

I want each of you to know that we can all become part of Gods eternal family again, and we can ensure that it happens.  The Lord has given us the key here in 2 Nephi 31:19-20.  We need to push forward ever faithful and carry out the gospel of Christ that has been established here on the earth, always increase and strengthen our faith, and always pray, read them scriptures and go to the holy house of prayer.  We need to always be fervent in our faith. 

I read in this week at talk by Thomas S Monson in a Liahona and he talked about the ABCs 
A-Attitude is everything, we can face all of our trials with a good attitude and literally change our focus and how we think about it, it doesn’t have to be BAD, it can be good, it doesn’t have to ruin our lives it can be something that strengthens us. 
B-Belief we need to believe in our church, our faith and our God, our families, abilities, and ourselves. 
C-Courage I like the quote from we bought a zoo, about the 20 seconds of insane courage and good things will come. 

Just think that fear is in our minds and we can control it. 

Here's what my MP wrote me today today: 

Nice experience, your headache, the truth, the Lord loves his missionaries a lot. With respect to kindness and patience and even charity, remember the words of John the Baptist in John 3:30, that it should decrease but in Christ must grow, and that the work is not the work of frustration.  In D& C 3: 1-3. The Lord isn't kidding; His words in the next few verses are not all that kind, so He is serious that we must develop a kindness and patience for others. Start with something simple, refuse to think poorly of anyone. Start a day at a time, and try to identify at least 3 things you like in every person. Remember how patient God and Christ have been with each of us, and see people for the eternal beings they are, look into their future and not in their present, what they can become. Start there and we can talk after you practice that for a while. I really have grown to respect who you are, Elder Galbraith. Does your family have any idea of what a great missionary they sent out here?

President Crickmore


And here is what I wrote him:

President,

First, I need to thank you very much for helping me with everything!  I am determined to leave my pride and impatience here in Mexico.  I know I have a lot to improve, but that is one of the reasons I am here in Mexico.  I’m very tired of the pride that I have, in fact I found this scripture and it is bold…Alma 5: 25-29.  President, I will do it, one day at a time and I will involve Jesus Christ in the process.  I have come to understand that I am nothing without Him.
Elder Coastal and I work very hard here.  Elder Coastal is a champion and I really like it.  We had an interview with an investigator yesterday and she will be baptized this coming Saturday.
And, Yes, I think my family knows, but if you know and the Lord knows that makes me happy!  I just want to please my Heavenly Father.  Does your family know that you are the best Mission President?

Elder Galbraith

  
I just want to say how much I love you all! You are an inspiration to me.  I love this gospel and I love my Bro Jesus Christ. 

Love,
Elder Galbraith 

We bought tacos for lunch today!



No comments:

Post a Comment