Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Choices, Divisions to Huitzilzingo and Friends!

FYI, I am doing so good! I am happy, I am content and pleased. 
I am healthy, I eat my fruits and veggies, I do exercise, ;) life is great! 

My Grandma included the following in her weekly email…
Now a couple things about "Choices":  (1) May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong. Quote by Pres. Thomas S. Monson (2) as we contemplate the decisions we make every day: If we choose Christ, we will have made the correct choice. Grammy has a point; those are some very true things she has said! I especially like that to choose Christ, Elder Parker once told me this, just do what Jesus would do. Those words have guided me my whole mission. Just sayin!

Rousy Ramirez amd Me!
So this week we did divisions with some Zone Leaders.  I went with an elder to Huitzilzingo, and I ran into Rousy Ramirez! She got so happy to see me and I got happy too! I love her! I also got to work with Elder Camacho (my former comp) again.  It was very refreshing to be able to work with someone I love so much again! We had our leadership conference.  Elder Reading and I had to train all the leaders about how to teach efficiently, and how to teach repentance to the investigators. We busted open some piñatas for an object lesson! It rocked! 

I really love that story about the Sons of Mosiah and their missionary adventures.  Especially the part how they were so evil as teens and they changed completely and dedicated 14 years of their lives to service.  It honestly touches my heart. Such a great story! I have also been reading in Alma 37. This week 2 verses in especial called my attention 6 and 7…

Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

Elder Camacho and Me!
So its talking about small and simple things, I love it. Small and simple things shall bring to pass the salvation of man! If we are exactly obedient and even in those small and simple things we will be enormously blessed! I know now that cutting corners is also bad, that being obedient but forgetting about the small stuff voids the miracles in our lives. 

I can also testify that we really do need to hear stuff like “endure to the end” a lot. We sometimes forget this principle. But it’s so true, enduring is not just waiting and suffering, rather endure is to push onward with a smile and a good attitude. The mission has really taught me that. I have learned that challenges make us stronger and I no longer see them as challenges, rather opportunity!  Opportunities to endure with a smile! 


I love how much the gospel has taught me. 
I know that the church is true, I know that Jesus lives! 
I love you!  

Elder Galbraith 


P.S. It sucks to have knocked my teeth out but I have been very blessed to have found this dentist.  He has helped me out tons! He’s a pretty great guy, speaks SUPER good English too!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment